Friday 8 October 2021

Plum Cake and Plum Peach Cake

It is plum time here in Europe. Prune or Quetsche in Alsace. A bag of them went home with me.



Sable pastry was available in the fresh produce isle. I was looking for some shortcrust pastry, but only sable and puff pastry was in stock. Who says that you only can use shortcrust pastry for a plum cake? I want to use an 16 cm and a 10 cm baking pan. A round ready made pastry was just enough for both of them.



I covered them with some crumble containing a little oats and cinnamon. Should go well the the plums. The amount of plums were not enough for both baking pans. The little one was stuffed with some Nectarines too. Best way to get it in the oven.

This time there is no recipe for the crumble. I did not weight anything. I made the crumble like my Mom did in the past. Just throw in butter and double with sugar and flour/ oats. Add some salt and cinnamon and feel the consistency. Is it too buttery, add more dry stuff. Is it too dry, just throw in a little more butter.


Baking time is 40 min at 200 C.


No comments:

Post a Comment