Saturday 30 October 2021

Pumpkin Walnut Chocolate Bread

I watched the newest Cupcake Jemma video on YT today. 



A can of about 300 g of pumpkin puree was leftover from my pumpkin waffles and I needed an idea to use it up. After watching the video, I went in the kitchen and started the bread. 



Since I started packing up parts of my kitchen waiting for the new one, my big loaf tin is in the bottom box of a stack of moving boxes down in the basement. No way I am unpacking it. I went for 2 smaller ones, still available.




The recipe is simple and just 2 bowls are needed. One for the wet ingredients and one for the dry stuff.


Ingredients:

310 g pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, 120 ml canola oil, 1 tsp vanilla extract

100 g caster sugar, 150 g light brown sugar, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp sea salt, 215 g flour

2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, a good fresh ground nutmeg

50 g chopped and 30 g halved walnuts, 30 g milk chocolate chips, butter for the loaf tin



Heat up the oven to 170 C. I used two smaller loaf tins. One with 18 cm and one with 22 cm. Use baking paper to get the bread out later easier. Mix the sugars first into the wet mix, then the flour mix. Add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts and fill both tins. Place walnut halves on top.



Bake for 40 min. When you use a large 2 pound loaf tin, bake for 55- 70 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment