Saturday 27 November 2021

White Chocolate Risotto with Grapefruit

To say it out loud I do not like white chocolate!



I am clearing the food storage in my old kitchen. Hopefully in 20 days the new one will come. The piece of white chocolate from a mousse recipe was left over. Since sweet rice was on the agenda, I thought why not. The pudding rice with the milk chocolate was yummy a while ago.



Sorry, not as yummy as I hoped.

It was a good idea to counter act the sweetness with the fresh grapefruit.

The risotto rice has a lot more body than pudding rice. It is not so smooth, but tastier. But you can use pudding rice. 



I used the Thermomix to cook the rice. It stirs constantly and does not boil over. Just  bring the basic ingredients together and let it cook for 22 min. Chuck in the white chocolatde to melt for 3 min, add lemon juice and egg yolk and finish wit stiff egg white.

Peel the grapefruit and top the rice with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment