Tuesday 19 July 2022

Carrot Juice Float with Rosewater or Ab-Haveej Bastani

Ice cream Iranian style.



The heatwave with 40 C hit us today. What's better then a cup of something cold. Dinking enough water or tea is good, but fridge cold carrot juice sounded a lot better.

I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to try it. The ingredients were bought last Saturday, but rosewater and pistacchios were already here. These are recipes I am always looking out for. Trying dishes from other countries gives me a window in to their food culture.

To get everything pretty cold and not melting instantly, I put two doublewalled tea mugs in the fridge for a couple of hours. 



I needed to get the amount of rosewater right. I did not want the float taste like bath soap or cheep perfume. 

Ingredients for 2 floats:

4 scoups of vanilla ice cream (buy the good stuff)

500 ml carrot juice

4 cl rosewater

1 tsp chopped pistacchios

No comments:

Post a Comment