Friday 22 July 2022

Strawberry Apple Rosemary Crumble

My neighbor rung at my door and asked me to take her key and water her plants. She is going on a Mother and Child rehab for 3 weeks. She asked me, if she could give me her last few apples and a pot of parsley. No prob! 



Now I have a basket full of apples, parley, a melon and some sunflowers.



Now the problem is mine. I have a punnet full of fresh strawberries, some cherries, my own melon and some pears. Fruit overload - not so good in this sweltering heat.



Make applesauce - no, I already have some jars. Smoothie - no need.



Bake something, great! A hot oven at 31 C outside is something only people who love to bake, do. YESSSS!



Recipe:

550 g apples, cored and cubed,  250 g strawberries (170 hulled and halved), the other in slices

1 tsp lemon juice, 5 tbsp water, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon 

4 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tsp flour, 1 tsp vanilla extract, cinnamon

100 g flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 50 g sugar, 60 g chopped almonds, 1/2 tsp salt, 65 g cold butter, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary

Preheat the oven 160 C fan.



In a pot add water, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon and put the apples in. Stir often and cook for 4 min. Take off the heat and add the halved strawberries and the maple syrup flour mix. Pour that in a ovenproof dish.



In a bowl mix the rosemary with the dry ingredients and add chopped cold butter and maple syrup. Make a crumble and place it on top of the fruits.



Bake for 35 to 40 min.

Top with sliced strawberries and cream or creme fraiche.


No comments:

Post a Comment