Wednesday 6 July 2022

Cherry Tomatoes squished with Mozzarella and Angelhair Pasta

I wanted to eat garlic fried bread with tomatoes and mozzarella. But the bread was mouldy. Now I needed an alternative with mostly the same ingredients. 

Exchange pasta for bread! 



Since I have allergy problems with raw tomatoes, I dumped the whole punnet of cherry tomatoes in a hot pan with olive oil, lots of garlic and some sptring onion. The tomatoes were a little old but did not open on their own after a couple of min in the pan.  I took a knife and poked small holes in them. Took a potato masher then and crushed some of the tomatoes. It splattered all over the place. They were still very juicy.

Some mini mozz balls were in the fridge. They melted with the dumped in hot pasta and lots of starchy pasta water. A good bit of seasoning and some fresh herbs finished the dish.

If you have no tomato allergy, just cook the pasta and cool it down. Cut up the cherry tomatoes, garlic and onion and bring all of that together as a cold salad. Add the mozzarrella and some basil. Pour olive oil and some balsamic vinegar on top and you have a great salad on a hot day. My collegue is Italian and his Nonna makes this kind of salad all the time in summer. When he saw my photo, he thought that I made their family recipe.

Ingredients:

130 g angelhair pasta, 150 g cherry tomatoes,

3 tbsp olive oil, 3 garlic cloves, 1 spring onions, salt, pepper

75 g mini mozzarella balls, microgreens

No comments:

Post a Comment