Thursday 28 July 2022

Figs wrapped in Parma Ham with Buffalo Mozzarella

I found this kind of combination on a recipe website from Jamie Oliver.



But I changed a couple of things. Arugula is a salad green I try to avoid. It always reminds me of lettuce with dog piss. I used an other kind of lettuce.



Most of todays ingredients came from my grocery haul at AUCHAN Hypermarche. The different and larger stock they have compared to the smaller supermarket Auchan nearer to me, is a challenge. It took a lot more time to shop than usual. And the prices for all kinds of meat have increased significantly.

Recipe:

4 or 5 figs depending on their size

4 or 5 slices of Parma Ham

1 Buffalo Mozzarella, a   chunk of Parmesan

Lettuce, fresh chopped mint leaves

1 tsp honey, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 lemon juiced

Salt and pepper

Peel the figs and cut the top open without cutting through to the bottom. Wrap them in a slice of Parma ham. Place on the lettuce leaves. Rip the Mozzarella apart with your fingers and scatter over the plate. Take a speed peeler and get some slices of Parmesan on the plate. Sprinkle the mint over too. Mix warmed up honey with the dressing ingredients and pour on top of all.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment