Tuesday 4 October 2022

Gluten free Coconut Flour Waffles

If I had used vegan egg and almond milk as written in the Spanish recipe I would have been even more healthy.



But on a Sunday afternoon, I used what I had in stock. Some fresh fruit and a little Maple syrup on top helped.



Recipe for 4 waffles:

5 tbsp coconut flour, 3 tbsp coconut flower sugar, 3 tsp coconut oil

3/4 tsp bicarb of soda, pinch of salt

3 eggs, 3 tbsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix sugar and eggs, add vanilla, salt and stir well

Sieve flour and bicarb of soda in the mix and finish with milk and coconut oil. Grease the waffle iron and bake 4 waffles.



When you do not want to use eggs, mix 3 tbsp linseed with 9 tbsp water and let it sit 5 min. Use nut milk instead of milk.

The waffles are great for people who need to stay clear of gluten. But I did not like the consistency and threw 2 waffles in the organic waste.







No comments:

Post a Comment