Monday 24 October 2022

Ground Meat with Cabbage Oven baked -Parmetier

From my Chicken legs on cabbage was enough cabbage left for a new dish. I bought mixed ground meat (beef and pork) without knowing what to do with it. 




From Friday I had some leftover potato mash. Checking my veggie drawer in the fridge I came up with a green bell pepper. Not my usual choice for peppers, but it came in a mixed pack. That went in the pan with the cabbage and onions and garlic.



This is a dish that needs a bit of planning and some prep time. I made each part on its own and took my time with it. Last was the Bechamel sauce and the preheating of the oven.



First step was peeling and cutting two large potatoes in thicker slices and cooking them for 7 min in salted water. Drained and set aside.



Then I peeled and chopped 4 shallots, 1 yellow medium onion anf 6 garlic cloves and set half of it aside. Then I cleaned the green bell pepper and cut it in smaller strips. Now all the cabbage went under thr knife. First I got rid of the stem, then cut it in slices and washed it.



In some oil start with onions, garlic and pepper. After 4 min toss in the cabbage. Season with salt, pepper and caraway seeds. Cook until the cabbage has softened. Transfer to a bowl.



Use the same pan and prepare the minced meat with the other half of onions and garlic in a little oil. Brown very well and season to taste.



Make the Bechamel sauce. Heat up some leftover potato mash is the microwave.

Use a high oven proof baking dish and start layering. A little sauce, potatoes, cabbage, meat, sauce, potatoes, cabbage, meat, sauce. Spread the potato mash over the top and ptess down. Cover with the leftover sauce.



At 180 C fan bake for 35 min, add 1 cup shredded Gouda on top and stick under the grill for 10 min to melt the cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment