Friday 28 October 2022

Vegetable Rice and Cheese Pancake

That pancake is the sum of a fridge raid. Over the last 2 weeks a couple of veggie leftovers have taken residence in my fridge.



A small chunk of cabbage, the stem part of a bok choy, one lonesome green onion and 2 small carrots. Not a large amount, but decent enough for a meal.

I thought first about Okonomiyaki, but I wanted to stay meat or seafood free. Then I found day old shortgrain rice and an open package of grated cheese.



Some fresh herbs from my balcony, one egg and some potato starch went in the dish too.

For seasoning I went with salt, sugar, pepper and chili flakes.



The roughly cut up veggies went with the herbs and the seasoning together in the Thermomix. Egg and starch went in after a good blizz.

In a wide pan with a good gluck of neutral oil the mix went. On medium high heat fir a couple of min on each side. Cabbage and carrots are needing some time to get soft.



As a dip I served Greek Yogurt with some Sambal olek.

Ingredients for 6 pancakes:

100 g cabbage, 1 bok choy, 2 carrots, 1 green onion, fresh herbs

30 g grated Gouda cheese, 1 egg, 2 tbsp potato starch

60 g cooked day old rice, salt, peppee, chili, sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment