Monday 17 October 2022

Pumpkin and Chestnut Oyster Mushrooms, vegan

I have never seen Chestnut Oyster mushrooms before.



I went on a splurge and bought high end groceries at Frischeparadies Frankfurt. The shopping carts are 60% the size of the ones you will find at regular Supermarkets.  The products available are great quality and not available in most stores.



The dark green pumpkin was the first item that went in to my shopping cart. I found the mushrooms later at the veggie section.



The idea for this recipe came from my October calender photo. I looked at it and thought about it. Since the great ingredients were on hand, I made my own version of it.



Recipe for 2:

1 kg intense tasting pumpkin

175 g chestnut oyster mushrooms, 5 brown button mushrooms

1 large spring onion, 2 tsp green peppercorns, 3 tbsp rapeseed oil

80 ml veg stock, porcini salt, cayenne pepper, dried thyme, 2 tbsp fresh parsley



Peel the pumpkin and take the seeds out. Cut it in bite size chunks. Cut the spring onion on wider pieces. Heat up the oil and tosd the pumpkins in. Sesaon with salt and pepper and let them sit in the pan for a couple of minutes to take a bit of color. Stir and add the onions. After 5 min pour in the veg stock and let it reduce to minimum.



Now get all the mushrooms in and stir well. Season again and add thyme. Cook for 5 min. Spoon the green peppercorns in. Finish with parsley.



I did not keep the recipe vegan. I needed to use up fresh Mozzarella cheese which went over the expiration date on Saturday. That was a great choice to prevent food waste.









No comments:

Post a Comment