Sunday 10 June 2018

Baby Bel filled Meatloaf with added Cauliflower

I was checking out Pinterest to find something to cook this Saturday and I stumbled over this picture. A meatloaf studded with cauliflower trees. It caught my eyes. I did not have meatloaf for quite some time.
I checked the listed ingredients and made a mental note to buy 3 things necessary for the dish.


I went grocery shopping after I printed my holiday photos at a drugstore. I was not sure if this time of year was time for cauliflower, but I got a small one. The rest was easy to get.

I served it with new small potatoes and discovered I had enough for 3 meals. I changed the original recipe to my liking.


recipe for 3:
500 g minced beef and pork
1 small cauliflower head
5 Baby Bel cheeses
1 tsp curry
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili Ancho
1 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp mustard
1 1/2 tsp ketchup
salt and pepper
3 cloves of garlic
3 spring onions

Bechamel sauce
1 bay leave
30 g butter
30 g flour
200 ml milk
40 ml Noilly Prat
salt pepper
nutmeg

2 tbsp Parsley
1 tsp olive oil



Preheat the oven to 160 C fan.
Put garlic and spring onions into a food processor and make a fine mix.
Add all ingredients listed into the meat and mix well.

Use 1/3 of the meat and form a disc and place it on baking paper.
Put 5 cheeses on top.
Close with the rest of the meat.
Cut the florets off the cauliflower and stick some on top.
Mix parsley and oil and brush it over the florets
Stick it in the oven for 25 min.
Cook the potatoes.
Cook the Bechamel sauce.


Fill a plate with half of the Bechamel sauce and set the meatloaf on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment