Wednesday 12 December 2018

Poutine, a Canadian staple food

French Fries or Chips do not belong to my favourite food. When I eat them, they have to be crispy. Something I usually hate are soggy fries.

That is the best requirement for this dish, hmm.

The reason for my decision to prepare the Poutine was a box of cheese I bought at our large Turkish supermarket a while ago. It had a long shelf life and would have lasted until March 19. But it took up some space in the fridge.


Last night I discovered what kind of cheese I bought. It was stringy and my effort to melt it on bread in the oven under the grill failed.
The cheese strings reminded me of cheese curds.


A lot of cheese was still in the package and I went through my inner rolo deck in my head and searched for a matching dish.
Canadian Poutine



Recipe:
French fries
Beef jus
1 carrot
1 spring onion
1 stalk celery
1 piece of leek
Butter
Cheese curds
125 g sausage meat


Prepare the fries and season them.
Start the veggies in a little oil and saute them until tender.  Then the sausage meat
That just takes a lttle time. Add the beef jus and season. Put everything together with the cheese strings.


No comments:

Post a Comment