Thursday 27 June 2019

Ox Heart Tomato filled

This is a recipe from Süddeutsche Zeitung, written by 2 star Michelin Chef Christian Jürgens.


My friend made it last week and gave me the recipe last Friday. I went Tuesday to my favourite grocery centre and they had all kinds of tomatoes. But no Ox Heart ones. On my way home I stopped at my local large supermarket and looked for these tomatoes. No chance. I asked one of the staff and he told me, that they wont get any this week. I wondered why.
In the afternoon I watched a commerical from LIDL. They promoted "Tomato Week" with all kinds of tomatoes for lower prices. Yesterday I went to LIDL and bought Ox Heart tomatoes. They were cheap! Since every LIDL has them in the moment, all other grocery chaines got none.



The tomatoes need a bit of tuning before you actually prepare them to eat. Last night I cut off the top and used a Parisian spoon to hollow them out. I kept the flesh for the next day.
With olive oil, lemon juice and black pepper I made a marinade and filled them with it.   


Recipe for 2:
2 ox heart tomatoes
12 cm cucumber
1 small red onion
1 clove of garlic
25 g pine nuts
1 chiabatta roll
8 raw prawns
Basil
Olive oil
White balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
Salt and pepper
Lemon juice
Herbes de Provence


Get it of the marinate.
Chop the tomato flesh, peel and cut the red onion into strips, get the seeds out if the cucumber and cut them into 5mm chunks. Cut half of the basil.
In a pan toast the pine nuts.


Mix 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar with honey, salt and pepper and make the salad.
In the pan with a little oil start the seasoned prawns until they are nearly done, take them out of the pan.
Get in more oil and the chopped garlic and fry rhe bread cubes. Add some herbes de Provence. When the bread is done, adf the prawns agsin to finish.


Stuff the tomatoes with the salad and top with bread and prawns and a little more basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment