Saturday 8 June 2019

Quenelles in Tomato Sauce

My first one hand cooking. I bought a package of quenelles at my favourite supermarket Auchan in France. Quenelles are small flour dumplings that can sit in any kind of sauce and acompany any kind of meat or fish. But they taste good on their own in a strong sauce.


They have few ingredients. Flour, eggs, salted butter and milk and water. But making them with one hand was no option, the ready made are tasting as good.


I had to decide what kind of dish I was going to do. A dish out of the oven sounded great. Heating it up with one hand no problem. A found a baking dish that is usually for cakes but the quenelles just fit in that very well. A large spring onion to cut with the left hand was working kind of well, not so fine or regular as usual.


I have a jar of tomato passata is storage. Since I have a little plastic helper to open jars, I can use it. I just press the jar to my chest with my right arm and lift the lid a little to let the air in. Open it then is easy.
Pimping the sauce with olive oil, herbes de Provence and Piment d´Espelette and pepper and salt. A little dash of brown sugar finished it.


In the oven at 210 C for 20 min.

A perfect light dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment