Thursday 24 December 2020

Brillat Savarin open face Sandwich Sandwichwith Plum Pear Chutney

In the region of Troyes in France is the Deparment Aube. This is the aera were the creamy white cheese Brillat Savarin comes from. I spent a week in the Champagne region a couple of years ago and came to love this cheese. But it is very difficult to buy it here. 



Since the Pandemic my monthly trips to go grocery shopping in France have been suspended. I miss that a lot. I only managed 3 trips this year.


But I found a small piece of that cheese at the large grocery store in town and payed a fortune for it.



Make two open faced sandwiches:

2 thick slices of good quality bread. I used a bread made with wheat and corn flour ftom the in store bakery of the same supermarket where I bought the cheese.

A jar of homemade plum and pear chutney

150 g Brillat Savarin cheese

Olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper

1 bok choy, sprouts

Heat up the oven to 180 C fan. Brush the bread with olive oil and put it in the ovrn to crisp up. Put slices of cheese on it after you took it out of the oven, still warm.

Some teaspoons of chutney. Chop up the bok choy and dress it with salt and pepper, lime juice and olive oil and heap it on the bread too. For finishing touch some sprouts. 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment