Monday 28 December 2020

Seafood Ramen Hokkaido Style

Seafood broth/ Dashi is often used in the North of Japan. An other "style element" is a good chunk of cold butter on top of the bowl. Hokkaido is very famous for their dairy products and butter is one of them.



From my whole Loup de Mer I had the carcass thrown with veggies and spices into a pot with water and cooked a stock. That was the base for my soup now. I added a package of Instant Dashi and salt and a little shoyo extra. 



I wanted to make Shio Ramen Soup, that means salty Ramen soup. Up in the North of Japan, seafood is a mayor component. Often found in Ramen soups. I used frozen Kamaboko fish cake and shrimps.



I had some lambs lettuce and a good amount of lentil sprouts to use. Fresh spring onion was going in too.

In the morning I soft boiled two eggs and when I peeled them I made a stock from LeeKumKee Dumpling Sauce, Mirin, light soy sauce and a bit of syrup for the sweetness. The eggs rested about 5 hours in the marinate. They were lovely colored on the outside and smooth and creamy on the inside.

I was very proud of my Ajitsuke Tamago. They were delicious in the soup. 

The noodles came from a package of Dan Dan Ramen. They were cooked in 2 minutes and kept their bite in the soup. Some roasted sesame seeds and a sheet of Noori finished the soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment