Saturday 29 April 2023

Asparagus Bacon wrapped Potatoes Bake

This idea is from a Discounter newsletter, an Easter special. I changed some things as usual.



Green asparagus is getting more and more common here in Germany. But the white gold still holds the top place.



I broke off the lower parts of the stalks and washed it. Since they were on the thicker side, I cut the part down from the tip lenghwise and in 2 inch pieces. They were then dipped in melted butter.



I bought Drilling potatoes. They are very small and have a thin skin. I cooked them for 15 min, then cooled them in cold water. 

The bacon strips were too long. So I used two halved slices to wrap the little potatoes in.



I am not a huge fan of sundried tomatoes in oil. I only used 4 and cut them up. I had some Date tomatoes from a can and used some of them too. And since we are in mid wild garlic season, some chopped leaves were added to the dish too. Season everything with salt, pepper, chili and herbes de Provence.



After everything came out of the oven, I grated Grana Padano on top.

Baking time is 20 min at 200 C.

Ingredients:

250 g green asparagus, 500 g small potatoes

30 g sundried tomatoes, 30 g canned tomatoes

100 g streaky bacon, 25 g butter

Salt, pepper, chili, herbes de Provence

Grana Padano or Parmesan



 



No comments:

Post a Comment