Friday 7 April 2023

Coloring Easter Eggs

This is a tradition in my household. Coloring eggs on Good Friday.



For many years now, industrial colored chicken eggs are available at all grocery stores. They become more and more colorful and sparkley each year. But I find them lacking in taste. They are stored to last long and then sold at high peak season Easter.

The other months of the year only 4 basic colors are sold and called Party eggs.



But my family always took the time and boiled the eggs and colored them. I keep up with the tradition.

6 or 8 weeks ago, the supermarkets started with selling Easter sweets and decorations. At one visit I stumbled apon a box that sat in the middle of the well known egg colors. I was curious about it and took a closer look. Eggs tossed in colored rice. Never seen something like this before. I had to buy it. 

Today I finally unpacked the box, read the instructions and boiled the eggs. Not one cracked in the process! 

The blistering hot eggs needed to stay hot (covered in a thick towel). But had to be stickered up. Putting tiny stickers on hot eggs, no fun.

Then I divided the rice between the 3 provided cups and added the color to them. In with one egg and then shake it well. Get the still hot egg out and rest it on some paper. Proceed with all of them. 

Now peel the stickers off the still warm eggs and your done. What a pain in the butt. From start to finish I needed 95 min.  





No comments:

Post a Comment