Saturday 15 April 2023

Banana Breakfast Bar

Black bananas do not belong in the organic waste can. Use them for baking or freeze them for ice cream later.



I had two black ones sitting on the counter together with a small spice package for Lebkuchen. I do not bake these, so I used the spices to make my breakfast bars even tastier.



I seldom buy these bars in the supermarket. Only when I am on trips and need a little something to tie me over until lunch or dinner. They are too sweet for my taste most of the time. And too expensive.



This recipe is just a combination of 4 ingredients and a little seasoning:

2 black bananas, peeled and mashed

3 heaped tbsp peanutbutter

1 1/2 cup rolled oats

2/3 cup dark chocolate chips

Pinch fleur de sel, cinnamon, allspice, lebkuchen spice

Bring it all together and press in an rectangular dish covered with baking paper.



Bake at 200 C for 22 min. Cool down and cut up. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days, or freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment