Wednesday 5 April 2023

Baked Beans with Jim Beam and Maple Syrup

I stumbled over a box of Baked Beans at the Discounter near by. I haven't seen these cans there before. I took two and wanted to cook something with them.



But not just eat them on toast as many Brits do. That is not the way I eat beans. I looked through Pinterest and mostly found recipes for homemade baked beans. One recipe stood out: Baked Beans with Bourbon and Maple Syrup. 



But that was just a recipe to improve the beans, nothing special. But the idea stuck.



I bought sausage meat at the butcher in the morning. That was the base to my dish.

Recipe for 3:

1 can Baked Beans

1 green onion, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp olive oil

1 red bell pepper

75 ml Jim Beam Whisky, 30 ml Maple syrup

Cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, chili salt, pepper

Chives, cooked rice



Chop the veggies very fine. Start tzem in oil and cook them for 5 min. Add the canned beans. Then pour in Whisky and syrup and sesaon well. Cook for 5 more min on low heat. Finish with chives.

I served the Baked Beans with rice.



No comments:

Post a Comment