Friday 19 October 2018

10 Floors of Food - Gems

Finally after a red eye flight, an hour by bus from the airport and a forced one hour walk - the Hotel Villa Fontaine Kayabacho does not allow check inn before 3 PM - I found a nice Japanese restaurant.


They all open at 5 PM and I was tiered and hungry. Our tour guide recommended an Izakaya near by, but sitting with a bunch of strangers is no fun at an Izakaya. And 3500 yen are the minimum if you want to get full.
I strolled around and found a moving sign restaurant list.   It was kind of strange and I did not see the reason behind it. I walked away, turned around and saw what they had done. A 10 story house with wide glass windows all around and different kinds of decorations.

A stack of 10 restaurants on top of each other. From 3 to 10 floors, you have to use an elevator.

I just climbed up a steep staircase and came into a friendly staffed restaurant. I got a place directly in the front looking out on the water. The light was mirrowed in the water.
They had an English menu on a tablet and so it was easy to order.


I ordered breaded fried tonkatsu - pork cutlett - with shredded cabbage, rice and miso soup and an non alcolic beer.


It took a good while for the food to arrive. A good sign that it was made fresh after my order.


It came a big serving tray with food and I was very impressed from the size and thickness of the pork cutlett.

I was not even able to finish all of my food.

A great choice of restaurant I stumbled over.

No comments:

Post a Comment