Thursday 25 October 2018

Udon Noodle Shop in Nagano

Nagano was made famous by the Olympic Winter Games.

The city has developed into a centre of commerce and agriculture, the apples from Nagano Prefecture are well known in the Country.
KitKat here are sold with a great tasting apple compote cream.


We stayed at the Tokyu Riu Hotel just across from the central station. I could see the sign of MIDORI from my window. 
Midori means green in Japanese and is also a large department store. Situated in the 2 top floors of the station.
To reach the place I did not need to go outside and cross the road. Our hotel had basement excess to the train station and lower entrance of Midori.

After checking out the goodies, I found an Udon Noodle Shop there.
I waited until 3 young women went in to grab the trays and just followed and did the same.
Easy way to act like a Japanese person and not like a stupid tourist.

I had a large bowl of Udon with beef and fried tempura batter, spring onions and a light broth.
Two pieces of tempura veggies on the side. One was fried sweet potato, too dry for my taste. The other a carrot and daikon mix.


Afterwards I finished my day with a green grape smoothie. Very refreshing.




No comments:

Post a Comment