Tuesday 23 October 2018

Taiyaki

After driving along Mount Fuji we said Good Bye to the majestic volcano and drove near the 5 lakes through the Japanese Alps.

We did a 2,5 hrs stop in Matsumoto to visit the Crow Castle. It has its name from the black and white colouring of the building.
We had 30 min for a short lunch break at a small alley lined with craftstores, foodstalls and cafes.
Many parts of the alley smelled of fresh baked waffles.

Since everything is written in Japanese, it took me a couple of minutes ti decifer what was sold. I did not see our usual waffles, but baked fishes.
Then I new what they were selling. And by looking on small shets of paper I found some English words. Red beans, custard, ice cream, curry, chestnut and sausage with mayo.

That was the one that finally let me decide to by a fish or Taiyaki.

Some of our tour thought I was eating fish filled with fish and I has to explaine what Taiyaki actually is.
I called mine a fish hot dog. A bought a donut at a local bakery to eat latet. It was covered in roasted soy bean flour, that tastes a bit like peanut butter. But I forgot to take a picture.


Then we went to see the crow castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment