Saturday 27 April 2019

Eating out at the "China Garden" Restaurant in Gross-Umstadt

On my way to a holiday week in Berlin I met with my friends and joined them on a Friday night Chinese buffet dinner. The Restaurant is in business for a couple of years now and I had been there before  several times.


We had a reservation for 6pm. Since there were a lot of cars parked near by, I thought the Restaurant was at full capacity. We went inside and we were the only guests.


They have some out of house customers and cater to them, so the kitchen was busy. We got our usual table behind the desk Aquarium. They started to fill up the different trays.

We went to the buffet a couple of times, even placed our raw and still frozen food on a plate with our table number sticking to it. The cook made it in the style of Mongolian BBQ.


My mixed seafood plate that looked good while stacked with frozen food and a litlle veggies and Sauce, came back to me as a tiny morsel. The piece of frozen fish was good sized when I put it on the plate, it came back nearly not noticeable. The big pieces of squid were just 3 little rings. The scallop looked and tasted a bit sad



I  have seen and eaten better seafood from a Mongolian BBQ.

The rest of the dishes were edible, but nothing to really write about.

Where is the good quality of the food gone? Now I can imagine, why there were no other guests while we ate there. It was a bit of a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment