Monday 8 April 2019

Praline Ice Cream with Rum Pineapple

It is a wonderful sunny Sunday today.

After a vegetarian Indian Lunch I had a craving for some Ice Cream. But getting out the car and driving to our Italian ice cream palour did not sound so good to me. I was too lazy to dress up and leave the house.


Since I have some indulgent praline cream sitting in the fridge left over from my chocolate making class, Praline Ice Cream sounded good.
Having a compressor ice cream maker, there is no waiting time at all.
I cheated on the custard, I had an 3/4 full can of sweetened condensed milk sitting in the fridge and a pott of double cream.
Let's get freezing!


Recipe for 2:
280 ml sweetened condensed milk
200 ml double cream
3 tsp Praline cream


Beat the double cream to soft peaks. Pour in the condensed milk and the Praline and stir until all is well combined.
Pour into the ice cream maker and start it. Takes about 35 min.


Rum Pineapple:
1 small pineapple
3 tsp muscovado sugar
5 tbsp darl Cuban rum


Peel the pineapple and take the core out. Cut into strips.
In a pan heat rum and sugar and stick the pineapple in.

No comments:

Post a Comment