Saturday 24 October 2020

Chicken Salad

Everything but the kitchen sink. 



I checked my fridge and had leftovers from a whole roasted chicken there. I took out one piece of chicken breast and thought about a salad for dinner. Now checking my cupboards, fridge and tables, I collected a lot of stuff. Some as ingredients to go with the chicken, but a lot more to go with the sauce.



On my recent trip to the Netherland I bought a small jar of sweet mustard with dill. That was the first one for the sauce. Next came granulated onions and everything but bagels spice blend. Mayo and Greek yogurt, lemon juice.

It is fun to be creative with food. All the stuff for the sauce was random and mixed together without any recipe. Then I stirred it to create the sauce and licked the spoon. Amazing! No need to change anything or add something.



Ingredients for 1:

1 side of a roasted chicken breast without skin, cut into bite size chunks

2 tbsp canned sweet corn, 4 cherry tomatoes

1 medium ripe kaki or persimmon

1 large leaf of iceberg lettuce

1 tbsp olive oil,  1 tsp white balsamic vinegar 

Sauce:

1 heaped tsp sweet mustard & dill sauce

2 tbsp mayo, 5 tsp Greek yogurt

Good pinch of smoked sea salt, ground pepper, smoked paprika

Juice of 1/2 lemon


Chop the ingredients for the salad and drain the sweet corn. Mix it together and add oil and vinegar. Then make the dressing and finish the salad.

You can eat the salad on its own. Or have it with some baguette.




No comments:

Post a Comment