Sunday 25 October 2020

Saffron Pear and Almond Tart

I have a subscription to a garden magazine for many years. Sometimes they include seasonal recipes in the middle of the issue. This time it was pumpkin and pear recipes.



Since I work more or less from home since march and my coworkers are coming to the office often on other days due to single use of our rooms, it is not easy to feed cake to them.

That is the reason I do not make more. And I am loosing my touch.



Now I had to get back in the game.

Saffron Pears:

500 ml white wine, 100 g sugar, 1/2 package saffron, 3 not too ripe pears



Short crust pastry:

75 g ice cold butter, 1 tsp ice cold water, pinch of salt

135 g flour, 25 g sugar




Filling:

30 g soft butter, 50 g light brown sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

2 eggs, 110 g ground almonds, pinch of salt

Heat up the wine with sugar and saffron. Peel and core the pears and cook them on low for 20-30 min. Cool in the wine completely.

Make the shortcrust pastry in a kitchen machine and rest for 30 min. Roll out into a small long tart form, poke holes in and put back in the fridge.

Cream butter and sugar together, add vanilla and one egg at a time. When combine use a spatula and add almonds and salt.

Fill in the pastry bottom.



Cut through the pears, but only down to the middle and set them on top.

Bake at 200C for 30 min.



No comments:

Post a Comment