Saturday 31 October 2020

Red Cabbage and Chestnut Soup

I was not sure if red cabbage was good to make a soup of. It is usually used here in Germany as a side dish with roasted beef or goose. I had some as a salad this week and needed the rest to cook and not to waste it.



Looking for a recipe with less hassle was my aim. That means, I look for something to cook in my Thermomix.



After checking several option and the ingredients in my pantry, I went for the soup. The can of cooked chestnuts had just reached its expiration date.



recipe for 3:

650 g red cabbage, 1 red onion, 3 cloves of garlic

1 red apple, 180 g chestnuts,

500 ml veggie stock

Salt, pepper, caraway seeds

10 g oil, 150 g creme fraiche

30 g butter

2 slices of bread, 1/2 lemon

Parsley

Shred the chestnuts into a coarse mix. Peel onion and garlic and core the apple. No need to peel it. Cut the cabbage into wide slices, or thin strips when you cook it the traditional way.



In oil saute onions and garlic, add the apple and blend. Now in with the cabbage and at speed 5, 10 sec give it a good whirl.

Season and add stock.

Cook at 100C for 18 min.

Add lemon juice and cream fraiche and carefully mix again.

In a pan with butter roast the bread chunks and the ground chestnuts together and top the soup. Add parsley.



No comments:

Post a Comment