Monday 26 October 2020

Pumpkin Curry vegan with dried Mango and Raisins

When I first read the original recipe in a newsletter from our largest drugstore chain DM I thought, nice try to boost the sale of their organic food products. But I came back to it, because on my last shopping there I bought some of the needed ingredients there.



Since we have pumpkin season and all other needed stuff are basic larder components, I gave it a try today. Not expecting too much if it. I added some and increased the amount of seasoning. 



Recipe for 2:

1/2 butternut squash

1/3 Hokkaido pumpkin

3 tsp Grilled Masala or mild Curry

2 potatoes, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 knob ginger

2 tbsp coconut oil

500 ml organic veg stock

60 g dried Mango

60 g raisins

60 g freshly roasted pumpkin seeds

Salt and pepper, squeeze of lemon



Peel and cube the pumpkins, potatoes, onion, garlic and ginger.

Cut the dried mangoes in strips.



Melt coconut oil in a wide pan and start with onion, garlic and ginger. After 4 min, add the Masala and let it get some heat. 

Stock in and all the veggies, mango strips and raisins. Season with salt and pepper.



Cook for 20 min on medium heat covered with a lid.



Check the sesaoning and finish with the roasted pumpkin seeds.




No comments:

Post a Comment