Friday 17 November 2023

Flammkuchen Hack

I am still trying to get rid of soft wheat tortillas. I started with 6, now I am down to 2.



After 2 mornings with eggs and cheese tortillas, I went for a traditional French Alsace speciality, the Flammkuchen. I've made them before and a recipe is on the blog. But I've watched  TV and a series of Food Hacks. 



Flammkuchen has a very thin dough on the bottom which is getting a bit of crunch while baking. Try baking a soft wheat tortilla and the result is similar.



Using the same toppings like creme fraiche, bacon and onion with a bit of salt and pepper as seasoning, the "Flammkuchen" came out perfectly.



A great way to use up leftover soft tortillas. Something easy to prepare and no need to pay a lot of money for the frozen stuff at the supermarket here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment