Tuesday 21 November 2023

Zucchini Soup with ground Meat

This soup was made by my friend. She calls it "Minestrone". I visited her family yesterday to celebrate her husbands birthday.



When I came in her kitchen, there was a huge pot with good smelling soup on the hob. She offered me a bowl of soup to eat immediately. I declined because she had made a cake and muffins for later. 

But I've got a plastic container filled with soup to take home with me. I asked her for the ingredients:

500 g ground mixed pork and beef

1 tbsp oil

4 medium zucchini

4 medium potatoes

1 leek, 3 carrots, 150 g celeriac, 5 cherry tomatoes

2 l beef stock

Salt and pepper



Brown the meat in oil and add the beef stock. Season.

Chop all the veggies in small cubes and add them to the pot. Cook until the veggies are soft.

Check the seasoning again. The soup freezes well.



I ate it with some freshly deep fried crab chips

 


No comments:

Post a Comment