Sunday 26 November 2023

Sweet Corn with creamy Goat Cheese

This is my 2500th blog!

I love sweet corn, but I rarely have it with anything else like onions and butter.



But Thanksgiving called for a more luxurious kind of sweet corn.



Goat Cream Cheese is an ingredient I often have in my fridge and use it for more then putting it on bread. It is richer as the regular cow milk cream cheese and tastes a little more complex.



Our supermarkets don't sell frozen sweet corn. The easy alternative is the canned stuff. Since it is cooked, the preparation time is a lot quicker.

Recipe for 3:

1 medium can sweet corn

3 tbsp milk

1/2 onion

2 tbsp butter

1/2 tsp agave syrup

80 g Goat cream cheese

Italian herbs, salt, pepper

Melt the butter and sauté the onion. Add the sweet corn, seasoning and syrup. Cook for 3 min. Pour in the milk and drop in the cheese. Let it melt. Check the seasoning and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment