Sunday 10 March 2024

Gigantes Plaki with Maccaroni or Greek white Beans

A very interesting dish, but tasty.



I needed a quick dish because I was invited to help at a birthday party later. Pasta is always  fast, but I needed a sauce.

I saw a video a couple of weeks ago from Greece and they had these huge white beans in a tomato sauce. I while later LIDL had a Greek week and sold these canned white beans in tomato sauce.



Now or never. I had them before an knew that they were tasty. I remembered the video were the beans were mashed and eaten with rice. Why not with pasta?

To get a little more taste in, I fried some garlic in a little olive oil and added the beans with sauce. Be careful, it splatters a lot.



I mashed them with a fork, added the juice of 1/2 lemon and fresh parsley and ground pepper.

Some pasta water went on with the maccaroni.

Do try it, if you can get these huge creamy white Greek beans.

Ingredients:

85 g maccaroni pasta

2 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp olive oil

1 can Greek plaki gigante beans in tomato sauce

1/2 lemon juiced, parsley

Salt, pepper










No comments:

Post a Comment