Saturday 23 March 2024

Spinach, Tunafish, Cottage Cheese Bake low carb

This is comfort food without sheets of pasta. Call it a lasagne and you will have beef with your Italian friends. Thats why I call it a bake.



Low carb is my go to in the moment and I try recipes that contain all kinds of ingredients that I like. Why should I eat stuff I don't like. That is not my way of doing it.



Cottage cheese and tuna from a can? That is a lot better than it sounds and goes very well together.



The cottage cheese mixed with the eggs is the "Royal cream" , usually heavy cream and eggs. That binds the bake. Season it well and it is good to go. Enough protein btw.



Use frozen spinach, defrost it and squeeze out most of the liquid. I used chopped ones and I had to drain some liquid.

Very important is a great amount of cheese!

Recipe for 2:

400 g defrosted spinach

150 g cottage cheese half fat

3 eggs

1 can of tunafish drained

1/2 yellow bell pepper

2 green onions, 1 tsp garlic paste

Arrabiata seasoning, salt and pepper

50 g grated pizza cheese

80 g slices of Gouda

Use a loaf tin and put a piece of baking paper in.



Mix spinach, tuna and chopped veggies together. Beat the eggs in the cottage cheese and add to the mix. Season and stir all together. Pour in the loaf tin. Cover with greated cheese and then with the slices.



Preheat the oven 200 C and bake for 40 -45 min, then turn the oven to broil/grill and let the cheese on top get more color.


No comments:

Post a Comment