Friday 15 March 2024

Mussels in Ras al Hanout and Wine Sauce

I was grocery shopping in France today. I huge package of mussels went in my shopping cart together with seasfood for tomorrow and pork for Sunday.



I already bought the meat for the Easter holidays. This year rabbit and lamb. I know, I know: the poor rabbit, the poor lambs!

But everything is better than poor Tofu.



After a long drive I had to get two ice boxes and lots if shopping bags inside in pouring rain, no fun! After sorting through everything and packing the groceries I purchased  for 2 friends to be picked up later the day, I was hangry.



I washed the mussels and checked for damaged or open ones to discard. I only took most of a bulb of garlic and an onion to throw in a large pot with some olive oil. 

Ingredients:

2 kg mussels

1 yellow onion, 6 garlic cloves

2 tbsp olive oil

2 tsp Ras al Hanout

1 cup white wine



After steaming the mussels, check if there are closed ones. Throw them in the trash. When you have some cooked mussel left over in the pot, take the mussel meat out of their shells and put them in the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment