Wednesday 6 March 2024

Lean Chicken and Vermicelli Soup

A warming soup with veggies and lean chicken breast.

The noodles in this soup are mung bean vermicelli. I have a couple of small packs sitting around. Now is a great time to use some of them. Not a lot of work to do with it, just drop them in a bowl and pour hot water on top. Let them sit for 10 minutes. I take my Korean sissors and cut through the vermicelli.



The chicken breast was used to prepare a lot of stock. A piece is now ripped to shreds and used in the soup.

From my punnet of brown button mushrooms I took out half of it. I cleaned them and cut them in the middle and placed them cut side down in a hot clean pan. No oil or butter. After 5 min I turned them and put a tiny bit of oil in the pan and some pepper. They went in the soup and still retained their shape.

A handfull of fresh herbs, a boiled egg and some carrot and celery were assambled. 

A dash of light Korean soup soy sauce finished the bowl.



No comments:

Post a Comment