Sunday 31 March 2024

Rabbit Legs in Juniper Cream

Easter and Bunnies are going so well together.



But many of my friends will hate me now, because I am going to eat the cuddly bunny.



Well, just the hindlegs. Rabbit is not very common as a roast here in Germany. I bought mine in France and put it in the freezer. I defrosted it over night in the fridge. Now it is ready to go.



Since rabbit is a very lean meat, and I am eating mostly lean meat in the moment, it is a very nice alternative to chicken breast.



Juniper berries are the flavouring for game meat. I crushed them a bit to release more flavour.



I had some sauce from my chicken wings recipe left over. It went in the pot together with the game stock. A bit more Umami is very welcome.

Recipe for 2:

2 rabbit hindlegs

50 g raw ham cubes, lean

3 tbsp juniper berries

1 tbsp Ghee

Game seasoning, 350 ml game stock/ chicken stock

1 large onion, 2 garlic cloves whole, 

2 bay leaves

100 g creme fraiche



Sauté the ham cubes in Ghee, take them out. In the same fat brown the seasoned rabbit legs all around. Add chopped onion and garlic and place the bay leaves in the pan. 2 tbsp of crushed juniper berries next.



Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover with a lid. Cook for 40 min.

Add the creme fraiche and the last juniper berries and cook for 10 more min.



I served mine with Air Fryer Kohlrabi fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment