Sunday 12 August 2018

Dosas with Raita

Dosas are a breakfast staple in the southern parts of India.


Some time ago I bought a package of flour mix for dosas. It was sitting in the cupboard and I was unsure if I was going to prepare it right. The batter should be spread on a flat pan and then baked on one side.
Yesterday I was looking for an other pan and found my Crêpe pan. I seldom make crêpes and the dosas came to my mind.


Sunday morning breakfast can be special sometimes. I got the package out and read the instructions. I knew that dosas are made out of fermented flour and I thought I had to give the batter a head start over night.
That was not necessary, the batter had to rest just 5 min.



I spread the batter - about 2 fl.oz. on a lightly greased surface of my cold pan and set it on medium high heat on the hob.
When the batter on top starts to dry out a bit, I sprayed olive oil over it. The dosa needs some time to get golden brown on the one side, so give it some time.



I served it with Greek yogurt mixed with fresh herbs from the balcony and oven roasted bell peppers out of a jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment