Thursday 9 August 2018

Tomato Chicken

I saw Donal Skehan make something like this as a 15 min meal from his new cookbook.
I only caught some of it on Instagram story and he used chicken breast in it. That is the reason why it only takes 15.min to prepare.


I used chicken legs and they take a bit longer to cook.


At the moment in this abnormal heat my tomato plants are so full of hot ripe or overripe tomatoes. I pick a big bowl every day. I started making batches of tomato sauce again.
A recipe that uses fresh tomatoes is very welcome in the moment.


Recipe:
2 chicken legs
3 large tomatoes
A hand full cherry tomatoes
1 red onion
2 spring onions
4 cloves of garlic
1 bay leaf
1 stalk of sage
5 stalks of thyme
1 sprig of rosemary
2 tbsp hot paprika paste
1 red chili
500 ml chicken stock
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil


Season the chicken and give it a head start in a large pan with lid
Chop onions and garlic and the large tomatoes.
Chuck it all in the pan and give it 3 min.
Fill up with stock and add the cherry tomatoes whole.


No comments:

Post a Comment