Sunday 5 August 2018

Pesto from Savoury and Parsley with Prawns and Pasta

I never heard of Savoury Pesto before. But my friend found it and made a batch of it. She recommended to double the amount, because the pesto is so tasty and it was not enough for 2.


The herb Savoury grows in a pot on my balcony, it comes through the winter every year and grown hardy. I use it as long as I cook for cooking green, yellow or purple beans. I just chuck a couple of stems into the cooking water and discard them later. I would never thought of putting them into a pesto or herb sauce.


The combination with prawns is awesome, that tastes great. Just some Asian cream noodles and fresh cooked green beans. No fuss at all the prepare a meal in 15 min.


recipe for the pesto:
2 bunch of savoury
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
1 lemon
2 cloves fresh garlic
60 g roasted whole almond
salt and pepper
chili flakes
rapeseed oil


Put it into a blender and make a course mix.  Add enough rapeseed oil to make it creamy.

Cook the green beans with 2 stems of savoury.
Cook the Asian cream noodles.
Use a small pan and fry off 8 shelled prawns and add a bit of lemon juice.
Bring it all together with the pesto and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment