Thursday 30 August 2018

Fresh made Satay Sauce with Nasi Lemak and Chicken

I bought some chicken inner filets and had no idea what to make with them. Today I wished I had some peanuts to eat and the recipe came to my mind. A third of a jar of crunchy peanut butter was is the store cupboard and all the other ingredients were on hand.
Combining chicken skewers with rice sounded good, combining them with the Singaporean coconut rice- Nasi Lemak- sounded even better.


First thing I did was to soak the wooden skewers in some water. I was not sure if I would use the grill or the pan later. So always be prepared.
The chicken meat was very thin and not so properly cut. I put them on the skewers as good as it worked and poured the rest of my Yakitori sauce over them to marinate.


Then I prepared my all time favourite Asian sauce - peanut sauce. There are so many recipes out there and I used a bit of that and a bit of this. In the end the sauce tastes like the one I get at my Thai food truck restaurant right down the street where I work. So I did something right.


recipe for the sauce:
2 tbsp fine chopped spring onions
2 tsp fine chopped garlic
1 tbsp light sesame oil
4 tsp red Thai curry from a jar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
125 ml coconut milk
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tsp lime juice


Sauté the onions and garlic in sesame oil, add Thai curry and water and bring to a boil, add the peanut butter and start to make it creamy. Add the coconut milk, sweet chili sauce and lime juice

skewers:
400 g inner fillets from chicken breast
salt and pepper
Yakitori sauce
Some peanut sauce

The recipe for the Nasi Lemak is already on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment