Sunday 2 September 2018

Kohlrabi & Ham Soup

This is the last day of August and the temperatures dropped from the heat to a very low 17 degrees C.
That was so uncommon that I sat on my couch in the afternoon and started to feel cold.


First of all I changed my clothes to long sleaves and long pants and then I decided a hot pot of soup sounded great.


I bought a large head of kohlrabi last weekend and very tasty Black Forest ham in tiny chunks.
This was ment to be the star of my soup.
After cutting the kohlrabi, I discovered that it was a bit dry in the middle. Eating it raw like I often do would not been a pleasure. But for cooking it, that did not matter.


recipe for 2:
1 large kohlrabi
4 small potatoes
2 spring onions
1 clove of garlic
125g ham
1 bay leaf
2 stalks of thyme
salt and pepper
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp sour cream
parsley

I cooked the soup in the Thermomix, but you can use a regular pot without any problems.


Peel onions, garlic, potatoes and kohlrabi. Chop them.
In oil start with onions, garlic and ham and give that 3 minutes.
Add potatoes, kohlrabi and thyme and bay lead and pour the broth on top.
Cook for 25 min, season to taste.
Get the bay leaf and the thyme stalk out and coarsly blend it with a stick blender.
But you can easily eat it without that step.
Finish with cream and parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment