Sunday 16 September 2018

Parsnips with Baharat Yogurt Dip

I bought half a kilo of parsnips. They were meant to go into a mash together with potatoes.


But sometimes my planning changes and I had a bag of parsnips left over.
Someone said: "Things were going according to plan, but the plan was wrong!"


I thought about making them into a soup, but at nearly 31 C that day soup did not sound so good. I cut them up, found two carrots, four small potatoes and some spring onions and tossed that all on a baking dish with lots of fresh thyme, garlic and olive oil. The oven in the kitchen did not make the room any warmer, so it was ok.
Greek yogurt is a steady guest in my fridge and great to use for any kind of dip. Fresh herbs are still in abundance on my balcony and a loaded tsp of Baharat seasoning gave the right kick to the dish.


The only work was the peeling of parsnips, carrots, potatoes and garlic. At 180 C fan for 35 min, giving them a stir after 20 min.

I had the rest of this meal the next day at the office- with a bit complaining from my coworker about the roasted garlic smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment