Thursday 27 September 2018

Last cooked dinner on Sylt

Our fishmonger was open today again after one day of closing. We got some fillets of rose fish today for our last dinner at the holiday apartment on Sylt.
Rice and courgette to go with it.


It is always a challenge to use up all the things you have in the fridge before you leave. I planned a fish dinner ahead and saved a bit of the lime, the last stalk of parsley and 2 tbsp of creme fraiche.
I had some shallots and garlic brought over from home, I used most of them too.


Since we only have one standart pan, I had to prepare the courgette ahead and reheated it before serving in the microwave.
I cut the courgette into slices and seasoned them well before they went into a pan where 2 cloves of garlic fried up to flavour the oil.


We had an whole meal flour roll left from yesterday, I cut it open last night to dry out and grated it into breadcrumbs to coat the fish later. The fish was seasoned, floured and put through beaten egg and fresh grated bread. It went into oil and was finished with lime juice and creme fraiche.


When I prepared the rice I used beef stock, onion and a but of parsley.

Recipe for 2:
320 g rose fish fillets
1/2 lemon
3 tsp creme fraiche
Salt and pepper
Breadcrumbs
1 egg
3 tbsp flour
3/4 cup jasmin rice
Shallot
Parsley
0,5 beef stock cube
1 medium courgette
Olive oil
2 cloves of garlic
Seasoning



No comments:

Post a Comment