Saturday 8 September 2018

Clafoutis with Tomatoes

Clafoutis is a French sweet dessert with cherries. This is a savoury one with cheese and tomatoes.


It is easy to prepare and you have a great dish without much effort. I still have lots of cherry tomatoes sitting around and eating them raw is no option in the moment. This is great to get 120 g out of the way and enjoy them.
There are not much ingredients you will need, just fresh grated cheese and plucked thyme leaves.


I had a big problem today, I grated the cheese on top of a scale for the right amount, dropped in the thyme leaves and started cracking the organic eggs.
The first one looked good, the second one strange and the third one was off. I had to chuck the content of the whole bowl into the bin. I bought the eggs just a couple of days ago and they were fresh. I had a boiled egg with me for breakfast 2 days ago and had to throw it out because it looked strange and smelled strange. But that gave me no clue, that the rest was off too. I had to go out and buy a package of new organic eggs. This time it went well.


recipe for 2:_
30 g Peccorino cheese
3 stalks of fresh thyme
120 g cherry tomatoes
3 eggs
4 drops of tabasco
2 tbsp milk
a pinch of salt and pepper
1 pinch of sugar
60 g flour
1 tsp butter for the baking dish  13x19 cm


Preheat the oven 190C
Butter the dish and chuck the tomatoes in, strip two stalks of thyme on top.
Make the batter and pour it over.










Bake for 20 min


No comments:

Post a Comment