Tuesday 15 February 2022

Gyeranjuk -Korean Porridge

I watched Aaron&Claire on YT again. This time breakfast options.



I mixed and matched some of the recipes and can tell you: very tasty.



On Sunday I had a dish with needed rice as a side dish. I cooked more then the amount I usually eat and made 3 klingfilm wrapped balls with cold rice. They are sitting in my fridge to wait for a new dish. This is a hack, some of the Asian YouTubers use.



Recipe for 1:

140 g cold short grain rice

400 ml water, 1 chicken stock cube

1 small carrot, 1 spring onion, 

2 eggs, pinch of salt and pepper

1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds grinded

1 tsp sesame oil



Cut the carrot in very small cubes. Chop the white part of the spring onion very fine, the green part in rings for garnish.

Heat up the water with the carrot and onion and chicken stock cube. Cook for 3 min. Drop in the rice ball and press it apart with a spoon. Let that cook for 6 min.

Beat the eggs with the seasoning and pour them in the soup. Let the eggs cook for 2 min

Place in a bowl, set onion greens and sesame seeds on top. Sprinkle with sesame oil





No comments:

Post a Comment