Wednesday 16 February 2022

Naan

I was cooking a new Indian recipe today. The dish should be eaten with Naan or rice.



Since I had Korean rice porredge for breakfast, an other serving of rice was not on my agenda for the day. Sourdough bread was on the counter. That sounded like the choice of side dish. But then I remembered a tiny pack of 20 g of fresh yeast sitting in the door of my fridge.



Naan was the answer to my problem. I chucked the ingredients in my Thermomix and made the dough. It rested for 50 min. I cut it in 6 pieces and made dough balls. They rested 20 min. 3 of them went in the freezer.



I spread the dough out with my hands and heated some Ghee in a pan. On medium high heat they puffed up and were ready in good 5 min. I stored them in a towel to keep them warm.



Ingredients for 6 naan:

250 g flour, 20 g fresh yeast

130 ml tepid water, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar

6 tsp Ghee

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment