Monday 28 February 2022

Gyros with Tzaziki and Rice

On my last weekend grocery shopping I bought a pork steak. That was sitting in my fridge. I had no idea what to do with it.



Now I thought about Greek food. I cut the steak in strips and made a Gyros marinate. It needed a day and a night to rest.

For my Tsatziki I used a mix of curd and Greek yogurt. I had no enough of both. But that mix went well. Fresh parsley and some black olive rings finished it.



Gyros:

210 g pork steak, 3 tbsp olive oil

1 heaped tsp sweet paprika powder, 

1/2 tsp majoram, thyme and oregano each

Black pepper, salt

1 yellow onion, 2 cloves of garlic

1/2 cup long grain rice

Place meat, onion strips and garlic together in a hot pan. Sear it all together and cook until the gyros is done. Depending on the thickness os the meat strips that will take 5 to 10 min. Cook the rice and serve it with Tsaziki.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment