Tuesday 1 March 2022

Tumeric Chai Rice with caramelized Apples

This is a recipe from German Chef Nelson Müller. Chai tea is absolutely not my favourite kind of tea. But I needed two tea bags for flavouring the milk. It took me some time to find the tea. This is tumeric chai tea. Sold to be used to make Golden Milk as well. Not as bad as I thought.



I used a mix of pudding rice and carneroli risotto rice. I did not have enough pudding rice for this recipe. The consitency is a little more firm.



Recipe for 4:

1 litre whole milk, 2 sachets Tumeric Chai Tea or any other Chai tea you like

3 tbsp sugar, 250 g pudding rice, pinch of salt

2 apples, 100 g sugar, 1 cinnamon stick, 1/4 vanilla bean pod, 2 star anise

20 ml Calvados, 50 ml white wine

Crush some sweetened cashews as topping



Bring the milk up to a boil, do not let it boil over and place the Chai tea bags in. Take off the heat, cover and let them sit for 10 min.



Discard the tea bags, sprinkle sugar in the milk and reheat it. Add washed rice and salt and let it cook on low for 30 min. Stir often. 




No comments:

Post a Comment